Table Of Contents
Technologies used: HTML5, PHP, Bootstrap
This example uses the MailChimp API v3 created by Drew McLellan.
It also includes Google reCAPTCHA to ensure there is no spam subscribes.
I have also added a check that the person agrees to join the mailing list.
In order for the example below to work you will need to use your own Google reCAPTCHA site & private keys as well as your MailChimp API key and list ID
- Go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/
- Click on the Get reCAPTCHA button
- After logging in, you will need to register your site in order to get your keys.
- Once you have done this, you can select your site and then click on the Keys section
- This will give you both your site & private keys
- In index.html, you can search for SITE_KEY and replace it with your key
- In submit.php, you can search for PRIVATE_KEY and replace it with your key
- Next you need to log into your MailChimp account and get your API key and the list you want people to subscribe to.
- To get your MailChimp API key you can read this https://kb.mailchimp.com/integrations/api-integrations/about-api-keys
- To get your MailChimp list ID you can read this https://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/manage-contacts/find-your-list-id
- After you have both your API key and list ID you can replace them in the submit.php by searching for MAILCHIMP_API and LIST_ID
- Once this has been done, you can upload the files your site and test. Keep in mind you need to upload the files to the same site you added in Google reCAPTCHA
Copyright (c) 2020 Bronson Dunbar www.bronsondunbar.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.